1. Once your book collection runs into double figures it takes up too much space and due to its weight is a drag to cart it around if you move!
2. Most books aren’t worth the paper they are printed on!
3. Plastic bottles filled with liquid make for better improvised weights than books. With bottles you can add water or pour it out to adjust the weight; and they are a much better shape (fairly close to a dumbbell) for working out with!
4. Printed books are so last century and having a collection of them makes you even sadder than a vinyl fetishist!
5. They’re a dust trap – so get rid of them if you don’t want to be sneezed at!
6. Most people will interpret whatever books you have visible in your pad as evidence of your poor taste (although their judgements on this score may or may not be right)!
7. Most of your reference needs are better served by the internet!
8. Old books often smell of damp!
9. A two-handed wank is better than a one-handed read!
10. Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Richard Russo numbers among those who’ve refused to allow their recent novels to be sold as e-books. Anyone who has won the Pulitzer Prize isn’t worth reading; and if those who make the mistake of writing something that ‘merits’ such an award are horrified by the demise of the printed book then it is definitely worth dumping (on) them!
And while you’re at it don’t forget to check – www.stewarthomesociety.org – you know it makes (no) sense!